- Moving forward in leaps, rather than making constant progress
- Making progress in ways that don't appear to move directly towards a goal, such as through trial and error
- Expressing yourself without caring what anyone things—or feeling that you need to be heard but no one is hearing what you have to say (like a cricket chirping at night when no one is around)
Dreaming of this insect can represent:
- Having too much of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being less this way
- Not having enough of one of these qualities, or that you could benefit by being more like this
- Someone or something in your real life with whom you associate one of these qualities (an event, situation, threat, etc.)
For more clues, pay attention to what the animal was doing or any particular characteristic that stood out.