Someone returning to you or to a place can represent the idea of, a desire for, or a fear of:
- Returning to the past, or situation similar to a past one
- Restoring, recreating, or revisiting something from the past
- Resuming a process that had been interrupted
- The feeling of missing someone or something, or of wanting them back
- The idea of going home again or of feeling the security of "home"
Revisiting a place can represent:
- A desire for familiar surroundings
- A need or desire to repeat a past activity, perhaps because of unfinished business
Returning an item you've purchased or received can represent:
Returning an item (such as an engagement ring) to the person who gave it to you
- Judgment, criticism, or the feeling of "not good enough"
- The idea of getting rid of things (relationships, beliefs, etc.) that are not serving you well
can represent an ending or discontinuing a commitment.