Something that trails behind or follows something else can represent:
- One event that happens (or happened) after another in your life
- The idea of being "pulled along" or supported financially, emotionally, mentally, etc.
- The idea of following rather than leading, copying someone, tagging along, or "riding their coattails"
- The idea of following (a leader, a trend, etc.) blindly or without thinking for yourself
- An add-on or accessory, something that is an afterthought or not essential
- Your issues or emotional baggage that you "carry with you" wherever you go